Week 11 - Magnolia - Answers
1 point - 2 points - 3 points - 5 point bonus question
1. Where is Donnie fired from?
Solomon and Solomon Electronics
2. The screenplay has been adapted from what?
Aimee Mann songs
3. When does Sydney Barringer die here?
a) b) c)
4. What song appears on Magnolia's soundtrack only by permission from another movie studio?
Wise Up (from Jerry Mcguire)
5. Name the movie projects that made these actors bigger stars in 2005.
a) Alfred Molina in Spider-Man 2
b) Felicity Huffman in Transamerica
6. How many of Magnolia's actors also appear in P.T. Anderson's Boogie Nights? How many also appear in his Punch-Drunk Love?
18 in Boogie Nights, 5 in Punch-Drunk Love
7. These picture are associated with which characters?
b) T.J. Mackie
c) Earl Partridge
d) Jimmy Gator
8. What is Seduce & Destroy's slogan?
No pussy has nine lives.
9. Who is the captain of the adult's team on What Do Kids Know?
10. Name two things seen in the movie that the title refers to.
The flower in the opening credits and Magnolia Drive.
11. The unusual rainfall at the end of the movie refers to what biblical event?
The Second Plague (points given to players who put down Exodus 8:2, which describes this event).
12. What answer does Jimmy give away during a breakdown?
13. The little rapper is the son of what barely seen character?
14. Which of these characters die during the course of the movie?
a) b) c)
15. What "24" regular was in Magnolia until his or her scene was cut, and has that regular's character been killed off on the show yet?
Mary Lynn Rajskub (still alive as of March 26th)
Bonus Question : What is the next Movie of the Week? Clues -
"There's some good in this world."
Answer: The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers