Week 8 - Bowling for Columbine - Answers
1 point - 2 points - 3 points - 5 point bonus question
1. Columbine High School is in a suburb of what city? Denver
2. Who is this person? Timothy McVeigh
3. Who does NOT shoot someone in the film (or as told by the film)?
a) chicks in bikinis
b) a blind man
c) a dog
d) Dick Chaney
4. How does Charlton Heston end his rousing speeches to the NRA? "From my cold, dead hands!"
5. Which of these businesses does NOT sell or give away guns or gun ammo over the course of the documentary?
a) Barber shop
c) Taco Bell
f) Safe room salesman
g) Lockheed Martin
h) Bowling alley
6. What town appears in this film as well as two of Michael Moore's other documentaries? Flint, Michigan
7. Name another cartoon from the maker(s) of this one? Saddle Rash
8. How much should a bullet cost according to Chris Rock? 5000$
9. Name three Canadian cities Michael Moore visits over the course of the documentary. Sarnia, Toronto and Windsor, Ontario
10. At Cannes, how long did the standing ovation for this film last? 13 minutes
11. What bank gives you a gun when you open an account? North Country Bank and Trust
12. What U.S. town passed a law requiring all citizens to own guns? Virgin, Utah
13. Who is in this van? Dick Clark
14. What fake militia appears in the credits? Mike's Militia - Athens Branch
15. What is the name of Columbine's football team? The Rebels
Bonus Question : What is the next Movie of the Week? Clues -
"You brush past people, people bump into you. In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass."