Week 12 - The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
In which we laugh at everyone's errors
1. The Rohan culture is inspired by what actual Medieval human culture?
If you mentioned Vikings or Scandinavians as part of any mix, you got the point. Just the Goths, however, wasn't enough.
2. Ents are basically what form of life?
This was easy.
3. Who plays Gollum?
Again, everyone got it.
4. What is is Gollum's real name?
This too. A lot of Gollum fans out there.
5. How many times does a character played by Peter Jackson die in the trilogy?
Many only remembered once, some none.
6. This is a concept drawing for what race of characters?
Orks is not correct, nor is Southron/Haradrim.
7. Which villain appears at the end of the book, but not before the next movie in the trilogy?
Apparently not a problem.
8. Which of these scenes were NOT in the theatrical version of The Two Towers?
The massacre of Rohirim was added, as was the scene between Gimli and Legolas (whose relationship was fleshed out in the extended cuts). Eowyn training and Arwen's dream were part of the screened version.
9. What is the name of Aragorn's horse?
Roheryn refers to the Rohan riders, not the horse.
10. What is in this falling box?
The Ring wasn't in there (too preciousssss), nor was the Palantir (too big).
11. Name the location shown here, first in Middle-Earth, then in its actual New Zealand location.
The Dead Marshes were represented by at least 3 locations, but only one is pictured below. Unfortunately for you, it's the one least filmed. Everyone thought it was either a Wellington parking lot or Kelper Mire in the Te Anau region.
12. What flowers grow on Rohan graves?
This was easily found if not easily spelled.
13. The composition and choreography of this scene was inspired by what?
We were not looking for "A John Howe painting" here (see actual answer). Totally wrong answers include a scene from the Bashki version of LotR (blech), and Cy Enfield's 1964 film "Zulu" (wha??).
14. What change was made to this scene before airing on television?
You were wrong if you said the head was digitally removed from the shot.
15. Name each part of Helm's Deep seen here.
No mistakes, seeing as we accepted Fortress of Aglarond as another name for the Hornburg (b).
Bonus Question : What is the next Movie of the Week? Clues -
"You are still that little boy looking for shooting stars."
"I am a man. And I have found the brightest star of all."
The Last Emperor