Week 6 - Mallrats - WRONG ANSWERS
In which we laugh at everyone's errors
1. Answer correctly all three of the following statements with True or False:
-The cookie stand is part of the food court. Number of wrong answers: 2
-Brodie winds up hosting the Tonight Show. Number of wrong answers: 2
-Jeremy London (T.S.) is the cousin of actor Brendan Fraser. Number of wrong answers: 0
2. What actor is meant to be represented on this comic book cover?
Everyone got this one.
3. Who does Brody live with?
He is NOT T.S. Quint's roommate, nor does he live with his girlfriend played by Shannen Doherty. As for Shannon Hamilton, that's Ben Affleck's character in Chasing Amy, where he rooms with Bunky, another character played by Jason Lee. Kevin Smith's universe is one tangled mother-******!
Since he doesn't seem to have a father in the house (the quiz administrator knows how to spot a dead-beat dad a mile away), "his parents" is not a correct answer, despite the text at the end of the film that suggests he has both (snif, snif, yep, no dad in his life).
4. What is the name of the game show put on by Brandi's dad?
Another easy one nobody got wrong.
5. What band plays the title tune from this film?
The title tune is the one called "Mallrats". Others are simply not "title" tunes. There were many mistakes here:
Weezer's "Suzanne" is the early end credits tune.
Squirtgun's "Social", nope.
Bush's "Bubbles", neither.
Archers of Loaf's "Web in Front", again, no.
Team La Fours is a stunt team, not connected to the soundtrack in any way.
6. This comic cover is a parody of what comic book series?
This is not Aeon Flux or Fantastic Four. More than one participant just admitted defeat.
7. Who do the credits thank first?
Wrong answers include Walt Flannagan, the mall, and Mom and Dad (for having sex all those years ago).
8. This character is the cousin of which character from Kevin Smith's previous movie?
By virtue of being played by the same actor, this is Dante's cousin. This is not to be confused with with Clerks' Randal who is Brodie's cousin. Many did. Stan Lee has no parentage with any of the characters (he's no doubt happy about this).
9. Which Three's Company regular appears as a topless psychic in this film?
Everyone got it, though one participant almost said Mr. Furley.
10. What is the hidden image in this Magic Eye picture?
As stated under Answers, only mentioning the geometric shapes in actual reality without mentioning the sailboat scores you no points. Movies are made of illusion, so unless explicitly stated in the question, we're looking for movie truth, not truth truth. (If that makes sense.)
11. Name the three superheroes whose sexuality is discussed by Brodie.
Lois Lane is not a superhero, merely a comic book character. Batman, Mighty Mouse and the Punisher are not discussed.
12. In what store does Ben Affleck's character work?
He does not work in the comic book store.
13. What line from Tim Burton's Batman is paraphrased by Jay in this scene?
Everyone got it! Not even one mention of "you don't weigh..."
14. Name three game shows the game show host in the film actually hosted in real life?
Too easy with 18 to choose from.
15. Joey Lauren Adams plays a different character here and in Chasing Amy, but both characters had some pretty dirty sex with the same guy while in high school. Name the guy.
Shannon Hamilton is incorrect, as is Walter.
Bonus Question : What is the next Movie of the Week? Clues -
"You could live! LIVE! Live, and grow old! I've seen it!"
Peter Pan (say WHAT?)