Week 7 - WRONG ANSWERS
In which we laugh at everyone's errors
1. Which of these 70s SF clichés are true of Logan's Run?
One person didn't think (a) was true (see character pictures below). (b) was also omitted at least once.
a) 70s fashions are trendy in the future.
b) A twist makes the characters question their entire reality.
c) An unhappy ending.
d) Charlton Heston is in it.
2. What city is this?
Walton's Mountain (we don't get it either).
3. What is the age at which you are supposed to die in Logan's Run?
No problems there.
4. How is the holographic heads effect achieved?
One respondant thought (a), but no.
a) Superimposed photographic element filmed separately
b) Animatronic head sculpts
d) Actual holograms
5. What popular sitcom mentions this film as the "sexiest movie ever!"?
All the TV junkies out there knew the answer.
6. Who is inside this costume throughout this character's scenes?
Anakin Skywalker got a shout-out (although the respondant actually wrote Akakin).
7. The old man's ravings about cat names come from what poet's work?
Edgar Alan Poe got a shout-out, but "The Black Cat" has nothing about naming cats in it.
8. In what year does this story occur?
Just saying it's the 23rd century wasn't enough, sorry.
9. Michael York plays Logan 5. How many Logans do we meet in the film in total?
A number of respondents didn't realize last week's clue was a baby Logan's hand.
10. For each of these characters, tell us whether they are Dead or Alive by the end of the film.
A number of respondants overrated Farrah Fawcett's survivability factor.
c) d) e)
11. The mall used for this future world was actually in which twin-city metro area?
An easy one, no mistakes.
12. What is the name of the plastic surgery business?
The Love Shop is something altogether sexier. In the low-blow category: Big Al's Hair and Face Jobs R Us
13. What is the name of the soundtrack published for an imaginary sequel to Logan's Run?
Pomp and Circumstance
14. What is this symbol called and what group calls it its own?
One mistake was calling the group "Sanctuary", which is a place, not a group.
15. In the novel the film is based on, what is the age at which you are supposed to die?
Good research seems to have averted any problems here.
Bonus Question : What is the next Movie of the Week? Clues -
"You're being pumped full of fear, there's floods, there's AIDS, there's murder, cut to commercial, buy the Acura, buy the Colgate, if you have bad breath they're not going to talk to you, if you have pimples, the girl's not going to fuck you."
No wrong answers, but some thought they might be seeing Teen Wolf or The Big Lebowski.