Week 5 - Sideways - Answers
1 point - 2 points - 3 points - 5 point bonus question
1. What state's wine country does this story take place in? California
2. Which of these girls did Jack not have sex with?
a) b) c)
3. Which actor/actress got a high-profile role on Gray's Anatomy in large part due to this film? Sandra Oh
4. What sport do the guys play? Golf
5. What is the name of this hotel where the guys stay? The Windmill Inn
6. What special wine (name and year) does Miles keep for a special occasion? 1961 Cheval Blanc
7. What long-running sitcom was this actor best known for? Wings
8. Who is Miles calling here? His ex-wife Victoria
9. Which actress in this film married and divorced its director? Sandra Oh
10. What is in these boxes? Miles' novel
11. What is the name of the winery where Miles dumps a bucket of spit wine on his head? Frass Canyon
12. What is the title of Miles' novel? The Day Before Yesterday
13. What quirky comedy from the previous year (who also got Oscar nominations) was this film most compared to? Lost in Translation
14. What do the credits say wasn't hurt during the making of this production? No California oak trees were hurt during filming.
15. What film classic does this movie often allude to, for example, with its daily cue cards ("Monday", "Tuesday", etc.) and scenes such as this. The Shining (below, jack is doing "red rum")
Bonus Question : What is the next Movie of the Week? Clues -
"I think you need to get your friend some help. He seems to be really hung up on superhero sex organs. "