Week 7 - Logan's Run - Answers
1 point - 2 points - 3 points - 5 point bonus question
1. Which of these 70s SF clichés are true of Logan's Run?
a) 70s fashions are trendy in the future.
b) A twist makes the characters question their entire reality.
c) An unhappy ending.
d) Charlton Heston is in it.
2. What city is this? Washington D.C.
3. What is the age at which you are supposed to die in Logan's Run? 30
4. How is the holographic heads effect achieved?
a) Superimposed photographic element filmed separately
b) Animatronic head sculpts
d) Actual holograms
5. What popular sitcom mentions this film as the "sexiest movie ever!"? Friends
6. Who is inside this costume throughout this character's scenes? Roscoe Lee Browne
7. The old man's ravings about cat names come from what poet's work? T.S. Elliot
8. In what year does this story occur? 2274
9. Michael York plays Logan 5. How many Logans do we meet in the film in total? 2
10. For each of these characters, tell us whether they are Dead or Alive by the end of the film. Dead Alive
Alive Dead Alive
c) d) e)
11. The mall used for this future world was actually in which twin-city metro area? Dallas-Ft.Worth
12. What is the name of the plastic surgery business? The New You 483 (the number was optional here).
13. What is the name of the soundtrack published for an imaginary sequel to Logan's Run? Logan's Sanctuary
14. What is this symbol called and what group calls it its own? The ankh is the symbol of the Runners.
15. In the novel the film is based on, what is the age at which you are supposed to die? 21
Bonus Question : What is the next Movie of the Week? Clues -
"You're being pumped full of fear, there's floods, there's AIDS, there's murder, cut to commercial, buy the Acura, buy the Colgate, if you have bad breath they're not going to talk to you, if you have pimples, the girl's not going to fuck you."
Answer: Bowling for Columbine